This edition could very easily have been dubbed the “Outbreak Edition” with about a third of the posts dedicated to the implications of the recent Ebola outbreak. It was quite interesting how the various bloggers applied their points of view to the crisis:
- Roy Poses at Health Care Renewal assessed the way one Texas Hospital performed in the face of crisis, while
- J. Stephen Morrison at Health Affairs provided his defense of CDC’s response.
- Julie Ferguson of Worker’s Comp Insider made a well-rounded examination of Ebola and worker safety while
- Peggy Salvatore from Health System Ed looked at the nation’s collective reaction to the crisis.
Of course, we’re obsessed with health reform, so we were relieved to find a few solid posts about that as well:
- Charles Gaba (a welcome addition to our list of contributing wonks) had nice piece looking at the face of the health reform debate in Kentucky,
- Joe Pudada at Managed Care Matters weighed in on the impact of the newly insured on the health care delivery system
- and John R. Graham, posting over at NCPA’sHealth Policy Blog writes about health outcomes for folks on Medicaid – and how we can improve those outcomes.
There are also a couple of great posts under the heading of “Healthcare Innovation” and several compelling posts under an “Everything Else” category. Definitely put this edition on your Sunday-morning reading list.
Next up: Jennifer Salopek hosts HWR over at Wing of Zock on November 6.