- Oldest independent insurance consumer information site.
- Does not sell insurance – quoting service and advertisements are from external sites.
Your privacy and insurance quotes
We link to sites which provide individual health insurance quotes. The product, your ZIP code and availablity in your area determine which options we display. We choose partners using several criteria, most importantly your convenience and privacy:
- no hassle: shop online, no agent will call
- comparison shopping: side-by-side pricing/plans from multiple providers
- mimimum personal information: in most cases just your zip code, birth date and gender
In many cases these quotes are furnished by eHealth, the leading provider of health insurance quotes on the Internet. When you see these quotes in your Web browser they are clearly indicated by the logos on the top of the listings pages.
In some ZIP codes, where no online individual health insurance quote is available, we may instead show you sponsored listings.
Health insurance quotes by phone
Calling the toll free numbers of 1-866-573-8466 or, on mobile 1-800-541-4670, will connect you with a licensed health insurance agent working for InsureMe.com.
Your personal information
healthinsurance.org™ only collects personal information from you in these instances:
- if you use this form to contact us, we only use your information to reply and do not share it
- in select ZIP codes a pilot project connects you with an insurance agent in your area. This is considered a “unique lead” meaning you will be called by one — and only one — licensed insurance agent. This typically affects less than one half of one percent of our visitors a week.
In the case of the pilot project, you may be contacted by healthinsurance.org™ in a followup survey to determine your satisfaction with this process.
Statistic services, including Google Analytics, log how visitors interact with healthinsurance.org, which helps us improve our site. They do not personally identify you.
Social sharing tools
healthinsurance.org™ offers tools from third parties, including but not limited to Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, to help you share content to your social networks or comment on stories on our site. You opt-in to these services through those sites — they are offered merely as a convenience here.
Links to other web sites
When you click on a link that takes you away from healthinsurance.org, be a smart consumer and review the privacy practices at any site you navigate to before providing personal information. Our “Other Resources” is an entire, curated section of other Web sites our editors have determined may be helpful to consumers. Many other such links are found on our state guides and on other articles throughout the site.