We don’t sell any products.
As an informational site, we sell no products, but provide you the ability for you to purchase products from partners who do. We are compensated for these referrals, but are not paid on sales as we are not licensed insurance agents and do not sell things. We describe each of these circumstances where we connect you to sites providing products — including health insurance, health savings accounts, short term medical, life insurance, medicare, dental and others — below.
Your privacy is our priority.
We know less about you than you think … because our priority is your convenience and privacy.
That means you can – in the vast majority of cases – review product pricing and details anonymously by filling out a quote request on our site. In the majority of quote requests, we only need a ZIP code and a small amount of non-personally-identifiable information before redirecting you to a partner who will provide you with with matching products. These online quoting vendors meet these criteria:
- They service customers in the ZIP code you entered.
- For ACA (Obamacare) plans, they will help you determine your eligibility for subsidies, and will help you claim any subsidies for which you are eligible.
- They will allow you to get pricing anonymously, without your contact information (until you apply to purchase a product).
- If you do decide to provide your contact information to them, they agree not to share that information with other sites or parties, including us.
When we do collect your contact information for a quote:
- In some select ZIP codes, we may ask for your personal information for an insurance quote, including, but not limited to, your name and how to contact you.
- In these cases, we send your information to a single call center where a personal representative will contact you to present options. If for an ACA plan, this agent will be able to help you determine whether you qualify for subsidies and help you claim them if you do, but may not represent every plan available on your state exchange.
- In these cases, the form discloses that if you give your personal information, you are agreeing to receiving a call and/or email from that call center. There is also a link to bypass this form and shop anonymously as described in the preceding section.
- These licensed agents have pledged to never share your information with other agents or companies, so you will not be contacted by anyone other than that one single call center.
- Your information is captured securely through our SSL server and is encrypted whenever it is transferred to a trusted partner. Healthinsurance.org has no need for and never collects your most sensitive data — we never collect your Social Security number, state driver’s license number, credit card information or banking information.
In some ZIP codes we may show you paid advertisements. These sites are advertisers and are not owned or managed by healthinsurance.org. In these cases we disclose this with a statement similar to this: “If you click on the following listings, you are leaving healthinsurance.org*. The footnote provides more information about the listings on that page.
Quotes by phone
When you call a number on our site with language similar to “call for a quote” or as part of a ZIP Code-driven quote box, it rings through a phone transfer system managed by an outside provider. Whenever available, it routes your call to advertisers that service your ZIP Code. (This, which includes regular business hours most weekdays, and can included extended hours and weekends during Obamacare’s open enrollment.)
On forms that link to specific partners of healthinsurance.org, the phone number may be tied to that specific partner (its name or logo will appear elsewhere on the page).
If you have any problems in dealing with quote providers reached through our site that you are not able to resolve with that provider, use our contact form to notify us. We want you to have a great experience.
While these providers are independent of us and we do not have access to your information, it does help us determine whether to continue a relationship with that partner.
If the quote provider does not have a direct relationship with us but does with an advertising clearinghouse or call center network, we will forward your feedback to them.
We use Google Analytics and Mouseflow to learn how visitors interact with healthinsurance.org, which helps us improve our site. They do not personally identify you.
Links to other web sites
When you click on a link that takes you away from healthinsurance.org, be a smart consumer and review the privacy practices at any site you navigate to before providing personal information. Many other such links are found on our state guides and on other articles, blog posts and other content throughout the site.
Linking to another site does not imply endorsement by healthinsurance.org.
Let us know how we’re doing.
Call our editorial offices:
Contact us via email:
Our email form.
Send us postal mail:
5353 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 300
St. Louis Park, MN 55416.