In case you missed it Friday, the latest edition of Health Wonk Review is on the virtual newsstands. The good news is that if you did miss it, the blog posts are as timely today as they were a few days ago.
- Bob Laszewski focused on major health policy issues facing the President and Congress.
- Health Affairs’ Tim Jost called the election , “a win for health reform,” but says the administration still has its work cut out for it.
- Our own Maggie Mahar – writing over at HealthBeat – says (among other things) that the election gave the POTUS a “clear mandate” on health care reform.
- Host Joe Paduda looked at the implications of Obamacare for workers comp, noting that overall, it’s good news.
By the way, if you like that kind of fare, we’d suggest a couple of healthinsurance.org blog posts that didn’t make it into HWR.
- Harold Pollack posted a great election-eve interview with economist Jon Gruber, discussing Gruber’s work with Obama and Romney, the election, and the challenges ahead for health reform.
- While all eyes focus on the presidential race, Maggie Mahar predicted that the ultimate fate of the Affordable Care Act could depend on the Senate contests in the states.
Next for Health Wonk Review: The review takes a brief holiday break, but will be back in early December.