The latest edition of Health Wonk Review is posted by Brad Wright over at Wright on Health and though it’s titled Spring Forward Edition, it’s feeling a lot like the King v. Burwell Edition. (The majority of the posts, actually weigh in on the Supreme Court challenge:
- Healthcare Economist has an overview for those not familiar with the case.
- HealthBeat asks – and answers – whether the Supreme Court might “scuttle subsidies.”
- NCPA’s Health Policy Blog predicts a finding for the plaintiffs but says it’s not the cause for alarm that policy wonks are suggesting.
- Wendell Potter – blogging right here – has a two-part look at the implications of a ruling for the plaintiffs. (Spoiler alert: Potter isn’t the tiniest bit optimistic.)
- Health Access blog looks at what a decision would mean to state-run exchanges.
- Health Affairs offers Tim Jost’s assessment of the oral argument. (And in case you haven’t read enough about the challenge, we’d agree with Brad that HA has done a thorough job of watching the case.)
If you’re up to here with SCOTUS coverage, there’s plenty more great writing in this HWR. (Enrollment deadline extensions, anyone?) So definitely give the edition a thorough read.
Next up for HWR? Jennifer Salopek hosts HWR over at Wing of Zock on March 26. See you then.