It’s short, it’s sweet, and it’s – you know – spooktacular. It’s the Halloween Edition of Health Wonk Review and it’s live over at the Healthcare Economist.
Thanks to Jason Shafrin for knocking out one of the shortest editions – just eight posts – in recent memory. What’s in it?
- Julie Ferguson at Workers Comp Insider wiped the cobwebs off the blog’s scariest – and most popular – posts.
- Louis Norris at Colorado Health Insurance Insider explains how the defunding of the risk corridor program may force many to change health insurance.
- Henry Stern at InsureBlog says numerous recent CO-OP closures are bad news, but that there are some bright spots, too.
- Charles Gaba (writing for us) predicts that QHP enrollment will swell by 25 percent in #OEP3.
- Brad Flansbaum at The Hospital Leader warns his residents that they should “high-value thinking” when considering administering innovative medical treatments.
- David Williams at Health Business Blog explains why drug price regulation shouldn’t be ruled out
- Roy Poses at Health Care Renewal writes about pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies behaving badly.
- HWR host Jason Shafrin writes about quality measurement and how it might be done better.
See you next time, when David Williams hosts HWR over at Health Business Blog on November 5.