Amy Lynn Smith is a writer and communications strategist who specializes in healthcare and issue advocacy. She creates empowering, educational content that encourages people to be more engaged in their own health, wellness and decision-making – from the doctor’s office to the ballot box.
Applying more than two decades of communications experience, Amy frequently uses storytelling to demystify complex concepts and creates consumer-friendly materials that help patients and professionals make the best possible care choices. Her areas of expertise include prevention, treatment options, managing health conditions and the Affordable Care Act.
A frequent contributor at Eclectablog.com, Amy also works with some of the leading organizations in healthcare and evidence-based information, including Consumer Reports for the Choosing Wisely and High Value Care campaigns. She is the recipient of a 2014 Health Care Hero award from MICHUHCAN (Michigan Universal Health Care Access Network) for her advocacy in support of Medicaid expansion through social media, education and storytelling.
You can learn more about Amy and her work at alswrite.com.
Photo by LAF Lines Photography
Recent tweets @alswrite
The New Target That Enables Ransomware Hackers to Paralyze Dozens of Towns and Businesses at Once — ProPublica… https://t.co/WpiH0SgkXR
Missouri advocates officially launched a campaign last week to put a Medicaid expansion question on the ballot, whi… https://t.co/bnxopBbYTG
Posts by Amy Lynn Smith
- Millennials do want – and need – health insurance
- Obamacare’s SHOP: Takin’ care of small business
- Obamacare’s anti-discrimination protections fortified
- Life with diabetes is sweeter thanks to Obamacare
- How millions could lose birth control coverage
- LGBT gains under ACA are all about equality
- Why she’s giving thanks for Obamacare
- A dream come true (and a nightmare ended)
- Pre-existing conditions? ‘No such thing’
- The life-or-death impact of King v. Burwell