Obamacare open enrollment resources:
- Our 10-chapter guide to Obamacare’s open enrollment
- Dozens of enrollment FAQs
- Enrollment tools, including subsidy and penalty calculators
- State enrollment overviews – with details on rate increases and updates on carrier participation
The headlines about the Affordable Care Act this year – with news of carriers exiting markets, cost-sharing reduction subsidies going unfunded, and higher premiums ahead – are enough to make any health plan buyer shiver with fear.
But as Louise Norris reports in her latest update on the individual health insurance market, consumers shouldn’t fear open enrollment. Though the individual health insurance market may seem to be in turmoil, there’s much about the annual Obamacare open enrollment process that is largely unchanged.
Of course, we know plan buyers have plenty of questions and concerns. The good news is that we’re again providing answers about enrollment in our updated Insider’s Guide to Obamacare’s Open Enrollment.
The “expert” behind the guide is contributor Louise Norris, whose stellar coverage of all things ACA has made her a respected source for major media who cover state health insurance marketplaces.
What’s in the updated guide?
Louise packed this year’s guide full of the information that matters most to plan buyers, including:
- State exchange enrollment dates (including extensions in nine states)
- Tips for choosing a health plan that fits your budget
- Six ways to pre-shop your plan
- The pros and cons of auto-renewing your 2017 plan
- News about the Obamacare penalty
- and much more
Have more enrollment questions?
If the guide doesn’t answer all of your questions, you’ll like find your the answer you need in one of two dozen enrollment FAQs.
Helpful plan-buying tools
Here are just a few tools that can speed up you plan shopping:
- Obamacare premium subsidy calculator
- Penalty calculator
- Federal poverty level calculator (to determine eligibility for Medicaid and subsidies
- Premium and plan estimator – searchable by ZIP code
What’s happening in your state?
Wondering what’s happening with premiums and plan availability in your state? Louise Norris has the latest updates on changes within your marketplace.