Andrew Sprung is a freelance writer who blogs about politics and policy, particularly health care policy, at xpostfactoid. His articles about the rollout of the Affordable Care Act have appeared in The Atlantic and The New Republic. He is the winner of the National Institute of Health Care Management’s 2016 Digital Media Award. He holds a Ph.D. in English literature from the University of Rochester.
Recent tweets @xpostfactoid
Re NM gold/bronze discounts, @colinb1123 -- I see that while NM enrollment down 9% in 2018, subsidized enrollment is up at tad.
RT @kalhan: Don't be deceived by Trump's executive order. It purports (but doesn't commit) to ending one specific means by which asylum-see…
Yankee announcer nattering that Hernandez out of gas, bit one ball hit hard all inning
Posts by Andrew Sprung
- Medicare for (almost) all, brought to Earth
- High out-of-pocket costs are a feature, not a bug
- AHCA’s unkindest cuts
- The price isn’t ideal, but ACA’s protection is worth it.
- I was spanked by a Nun on the Bus
- Affordable Care Act supporters gird for battle
- 7 ways the GOP could blow up ACA’s gains (or not)
- 6 ways you can resist ‘insta-repeal’ of Obamacare
- A post-ACA subsidy that already exists
- The sickest states are the poorest states
- A (Tom) Price cut for subsidized health coverage
- Replacing the ACA with something terrific
- Live from Bill Clinton’s id, an ACA alternative
- A Medicare buy-in Republicans can love
- A Medicare Advantage for the ACA marketplace?
- Hillary’s plans to sweeten the Obamacare pot
- Why insurers thrive (or dive) in ACA marketplaces
- Minnesota considers a ‘public option on steroids’
- A more affordable Affordable Care Act?
- States may sweeten the ACA pot
- Relief from the shock of ‘surprise medical bills’?
- When ACA’s Silver beats employer-sponsored plans
- Is Obamacare’s ‘Bronze trap’ widening?
- When Silver is worth more than Gold or Platinum
- Under the radar: still too many underinsured in U.S.
- Wriggling out of a post-King crisis
- How red states propped up HealthCare.gov
- Justices Kennedy, Roberts are ‘votes in play’
- Americans know how to shop (even for insurance)
- If SCOTUS nukes Obamacare, what happens next?
- How subsidy-eligible enrollees got ‘false negatives’
- For many ACA beneficiaries: ‘Ivy League’ benefits?
- Your employer is dropping health coverage. Yay?
- The Affordable Care Act’s ‘stealth subsidy’
- Bruised by the benchmark
- HealthCare.gov puts focus on the bottom line